Sunday 22 October 2017

2017 so far

2017 was a goodish year for photography although it wasn't as full as 2016 had been. My visits to Heathrow are fewer than they had been, because the airport have double skinned the perimeter fence making line up and touch down shots impossible, and even I find a load of side-on shots with nothing but sky in them boring.

In March-April I went to Japan, taking in Tokyo Narita and Haneda Airports, Osaka Itami and Osaka Kansai, plus Seoul on the way over and back; the photos taken at Seoul Incheon were through some pretty filthy windows and and can charitably be called 'record shots', such as the Korean Air 777 in special colours, below, top.
Over the coming weeks I'll find some time to put a few posts up about what it was like photographing at these places.


JA743A | Boeing 777-281ER | ANA - All Nippon Airways

June featured a trip to Manchester, which is always great to visit, especially as it is photographer and spotter friendly and I've got friends there as well.

G-FBJH | Embraer ERJ-175ER | Flybe

I had a week off in late September so I ended up booking a short, just a couple of days, trip to Amsterdam from the 24th to 26th, flying from Southampton. As usual it was a great trip and there were plenty of nice aircraft, including this lovely A320neo of Pegasus, seen at Taxiway Q.

TC-NBH | Airbus A320-251neo | Pegasus Airlines

On 30th September I visited LHR for the day, it's a quick drive up from Southampton, usually taking me about 1hr 15mins. Usual fairly boring sky shots were the result, although I did get a few good ones.

A6-APF | Airbus A380-861 | Etihad Airways

I don't have any more spotting trips planned for this year, although I am going to be flying to Kiev in December. However, this is a trip to the Contaminated Zone at Chernobyl for a visit to the abandoned city of Pripyat and the Lenin Nuclear Power Station (aka Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant or ChNPP) and there won't be time or opportunity to 'spot'.

I do have a couple of interesting trips lined up for 2018, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The End of a (Short) Era

The sad but inevitable news was announced on 14th February 2019 that the A380 would no longer be built after 2021. This is due to Airbus not...